atfishes are a diverse group of ray-fines fish which include Corydoras, Synodontis, Bagrid,Dora, Botia, Dianema, Pimelodus, Brochis. They get their name from their prominent barbels which resemble a cat’s whiskers. Catfish range in size and behavior from the heaviest and longest. As catfish are of considerable commercial importance, many of the larger species are farmed or fished for food. So what kind of feed catfish is fed is vital to the people’s health. Catfish feed pellets made by catfish feed pellet making machine are extruded catfish food with many benefits for the growth of catfish, and thus they have been the first choice for catfish feeding.
Benefits of Catfish Feed Pellets for Catfish Feeding
Catfish feed pellets are a kind of fish feeds which is made by fish feed extruder for catfish in a pelleted form. It contains major components like water, protein, lipid, carbohydrate, minerals and vitamins. For different kinds of fish, there are different formulation depending fish kinds, growth cycle, and development stage.
Energy and essential nutrients are needed for fish for their maintenance, movement, normal metabolic functions and growth. Fish requires feeds varying in fish quantity and quality according to their size, growth period, digestive anatomy. As fish is a kind of poikilotherm, the feed requirements changes with their body temperature, environmental variations.
The catfish feed pellets are in scientific formula for the good of catfish weigh gaining and growth. As research shows, if catfish receive too much energy compared with protein, it will stop eating before they consume enough protein for maximum growth. It will lead to high body fat, low dress out yield and poor shelf life of catfish if it eat too much energy from dietary fat or carbohydrate. However, catfish feed pellets made from optimum ratio of energy, protein, minerals and other nutrition, are suitable for all kinds of catfish and can meet the nutrition requirements for growth.
Features of Catfish Feed Pellets
|• Unique soft pellet formulation||• Natural ingredients|
|• Less waste – improved water quality||• Sustainably sourced ingredients|
Why Catfish Farmers Prefer to Make Own Fish Feed Pellets?
● Lots of cheap raw materials for making catfish feed pellets are available locally.
● Catfish farmers can choose the ingredients of homemade catfish feed pellets based on their own need.
● Affordable user-friendly fish feed pellet making machine is available and the fish feed machine supplier can offer the detailed catfish feed pellet making guide.
How to Make Fish Feed Pellets?
● Material selection: soybean meal, cottonseed meal, corn grain, wheat middlings, fish derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, algea, oils ad fats, minerals, protein
● Crushing: use feed hammer mill to crush raw materials.
● Mixing: use grain power mixer which has a U-type tank with dual shafts and paddles to mix the crushed materials well as the mixing has a relation with the daily intake. Mix vitamins and minerals with small mount, and then add oil in to the ingredients. Add water and mix well to form a mash.
● Extruding: pass the feed mixture through a fish feed pellet extruder. Set up the suitable diameter for the die, and during the extrusion the pellets are cut off or broken into smaller lengths.
● Pellets Drying: use belt type feed pellet dryer to dry the pellets. The moist pellets should be dried at low temperature and with good airflow to dry the pellets to a water content of 10% or less. The temperature should be less than 60ºC to protect vitamin from destroyed.
● Fish Feed Pellets Packing: use feed pellet packing machine to pack feed pellets into bags or containers that can be stored against insects, rats and to keep out moisture. When packing fish feed pellets, please avoid using plastic bags as feed can sweat.
Tips for Catfish Feeding
Catfish feeding must be fed 100% nutrition. As scientific research shows, catfish does not grow significantly better when the protein containing is not suitable for catfish needed. As different catfish in different periods need different nutrition because fingerling and juvenile catfish are grow much faster than larger fish. The quantity of feeds is needed differently with the size of catfish. Too much feeds can result waste and the pollution of water and affect the growing of cat fish. The following is a list of feeds for different size catfish.
|Fish Size (lbs/1000 fish)||FCR||Daily Percent BW|